Dickinson Wright has announced that Attorney J. Troy Terakedis has joined the firm’s Columbus office as a Member. He was formerly with Jones Day.
Mr. Terakedis counsels clients on a variety of federal income tax matters, including tax issues related to partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. He also counsels leveraged buyout, venture capital, and other private equity funds on formation and equity compensation issues and other tax-related matters often as they relate to structuring mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and reorganizations in a tax-efficient manner. In addition, he advises clients on a wide variety of business and general corporate matters.
- “Taxation of Partnerships and Flow-Through Entities”, The 57th Annual Cleveland Tax Institute, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Cleveland, Ohio, December 3, 2014
- “Purchase, Sale, Exchange, and Retirement of Partnership and LLC Interests”, Choosing the Best Business Entity for your Client’s New Business, Sterling Education Services, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio, May 16, 2012
- “M&A for Small Businesses – Buyer’s Side”, Columbus Bar Association, Columbus, Ohio, April 11, 2012
- “Demystifying the Complexity of Section 704(b) Allocations and the Passive Loss Rules”, 2009 Mega Tax Conference, Ohio Society of CPAs, Columbus, Ohio, December 2, 2009
- “Section 83 and Taxation of Compensatory Partnership Interests”, Taxing Matters, Columbus Bar Association, Columbus, Ohio, December 13, 2006
Mr Terakedis was a partner at Jones Day since February 2013. Prior to this he was a partner at Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP. He was educated at Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the University of Miami School of Law.